Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nap Time Gone Wrong

So I put Cohen down for a nap, He has been in a big boy bed since Feb. and has been fine, sure he gets out of bed occassionally no big whoop, all and all he's taken to the change really well. Well....Again, I put him down for a nap, and I heard him messin around up there, then I heard a big thud....he started screaming...I ran upstairs and found him on the floor at the foot of the bed crying and holding his arm....there was a big mass above his elbow and his arm was completely limp, I called his pediatrician while my sister Dani held him , to find out what they wanted me to do, they said take him to the E.R. So we got in the car, drove to the hospital...got right in...they took an x-ray and it was definitely broken above the elbow, within the hour they were prepping him for surgery...he got 2 pins in his arm and we had to spend the night in the hospital. It was sad...but he was a champ....we watched Elmo and Disney movies all night. He had his splint on for 4 weeks....they didn't want to do the hard cast because he's so young and I guess can be kind of tramatic to get taken off....so we did our best with the splint...he kept trying to unwrap everything....so we resorted to wrapping it in packing tape. :).



3 comments:

Sheri said...

:( Rachel broke her arm last September, when she was 21 months old, it was very sad. I'm sorry Cohen had to go through that. Poor kid. And poor Mommy.

Unknown said...

poor guy!!

Bethany Marie said...

He broke his elbow?! wow that's craziness, poor little fella- I actually know what that feels like. Glad he getting better. :]]