Monday, August 9, 2010

The Kiddies

Brinley 2 Days Old



Brinley is now 2 weeks old :) She is super alert for how young she is...love those big eyes....she has a pretty strong neck too. Very slow eater.....probably because she has to burp like three times after just 5 minutes...she's a puker. She hasn't been as kind to her mom and Dad at night as her older brother was :).....but we are working on it. She doesn't cry all night just squeaks and grunts it's funny (when we're not feeling sleep deprived :) ) We took her to the doctors office last week, her blood sugars are right on track and she only lost 3 oz. putting her 5 lbs 15 oz. She is just a little thing and we love love love her. It's amazing how personality comes through even in those first days...heck in the womb!!!!!!



Cohen 2 1/2 Years Old


We can't forget big brother Cohen who is 2 and half now!!!! I can't even believe how fast it has gone.. I was really really hoping that he would be potty trained at this point....but not so much. He's really good at telling me AFTER he has gone "stinky" but we are having a a heck of a time getting him to tell us before!!!! We will let him sit on the potty right before bed.....he won't go...then he will go to bed and 10 minutes later "MOM!!! STIIIINKYYYY!!!" Pray for us! lol :) He is such a lover....always wanting to give me kisses....that's actually how he wakes me up in the morning...he walks into my room puts his hand on my face and kisses my cheek.....then says "Watch Cars?" or "Watch Nemo" he is OBSESSED with these two movies. I have never let Cohen watch very much TV, then he broke his arm....and in the middle ofa hot humid Florida summer when I was 9 months pregnant and he couldn't get wet, then I had Brinley, and was trying to heal myself.....so .....I resorted to movies, coloring and toys. Well...he asks like 50 times a day to watch one of them! I'm anxious to get him active outside again.....we have a kiddie pool which has been nice and he loves to ride his mini 4 wheeler, I'm just anxious to get him around kids again (play group and what not).

He LOVES nursery.....Sacrament Meeting is interesting...because he's 2, and just likes to say "nursery?" we tell him AFTER.....then he demands "NURSERY!!!" we say LATER.....then pending on the day there is either a tantrum, or a change in subject..."Snack?" "SNACK!!!!" "Snack pease?" :) He's funny. He is really talking quite well, loves story time...loves to sing. His favorite song of late is "I hope they call me on a Mission" He wants to sing it like 3 times before bed....He has known the alphabet and how to count to 15 for awhile...but he is now RECOGNIZING what letter is what...which is fun. He has letters he plays with in the bath tub....and he'll hold one up and say "B" or "4" and 85 percent of the time he's right! My little genious :) I was nervous how he would be when Brinley came along....because he has gotten my undivided attention since March......but he's not really that phased by it...he'll give her a kiss from time to time or if she is crying....he'll say "Why crying?" But he hasn't been too for or against her really, surprisingly. He likes to steal her binkies and tries to climb in her swing....but he's just fine with her. I'm glad. He is a good good kid. And just getting sweeter and cuter with every day (of course I'm the mama and a little biased). I just feel so blessed to be the mommie of these two wonderful, beautiful kids.

This is my cute Niece Emma LaRae and of course my Brinley :) 2 peas in a pod. It is fun watching them grow!

2 comments:

The Robinson's said...

Congrats Shan! I've been enjoying all of your posts lately! Brynlie is a doll! And that little Cohen is such a stud! Don't worry about the potty training thing. It will come when he is ready. I am just barely feeling like I can say that R is trained (and he's 3). It has been a long road and it is very exhausting- but as soon as he was "ready"- it was a breeze. Hang in there. Cute cute family- keep posting- love to see how you guys are doing.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Shannon, I didn't get to tell you congrats in your first post about Brinley sooooo...CONGRATS! I love her dark hair, of course she is as beautiful as her Mamma and I'm sure will have all the amazing qualities that you have too! Love ya! :) ~elisa