Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Month with 2 Kids!


Well, so far so good! Sort of :). Brinley is a very different experience than Cohen was. Nights at the moment are not very fun. Nursing is taking forever because she seriously has to belch like a frat boy every 3 minutes or so.....followed by puking everything we just got in her. Her coloring is usually pretty red and her tummy is always tight,
even in her sleep it seems like she's pushing and is just uncomfortable as can be which has meant a lot of sleepless nights on our part due to her sad uncomfortable cries.

Yesterday my sister in law told me about an herbal supliment called Gripe Water. And can I just say, she has only had 2 doses and she is a completely different child!!!!
We are just hoping and praying it stays that way and hopefully we'll get a LITTLE more sleep tonight. Her coloring has calmed down and she just seems to be able to relax finally. Thank you Christy!!!

Now Cohen is doing very well with her, at first I thought, does he get or care about her? Well I went to go pick him up from nursery on Sunday and I had Brinley in my arms and all the little girls came up to look at her and Cohen ran over stepped between them and Brinley and said "MY BABY!!!!" , huh, I guess he does care..... but since she has been born we've noticed a significant increase in the tantrums and the attention getting.
He has certainly mastered the art of testing our patience, funny around the same time we started praying for some (Patience that is)! Be careful what you wish for! :) But ya know, in the same breath he can be the sweetest little boy on the planet. He is learning so many songs, he has a toy microphone that he carries around and sings "I hope they call me on a mission" and "I kneel to Pray" at the top of his lungs. He won't do it if i ASK him too...only on his terms :). He loves to snuggle and make you laugh. He's really into drawing on the walls, much to OUR dismay. We're working on limiting the art work to paper. He loves to stick things in the vents, chase Dexter (my parents chihuahua)all over the house, go on golf cart rides with Daddy, and hang on my leg wherever I go asking "snack?" "Snack?" "SNACK?".

I also get the pleasure of watching my sweet little neice Emma LaRae during the day while my sister goes to school. She is so so sweet, about three months now and is all smiles. She is the one in the stroller with Cohen. It's a little bit of a challenge going from 1 kid to 3 kids and a dog during the day :) but I love it. It's fun to have babies at the same time with my lil sis. Here is a picture of her and Brinley.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Gassy babies are the worst! There's also an oil called dill that works wonders. You just rub it on her belly and it helps. It smells like a "dill pickle" so I would call Fiona my pickle baby. She's not as gassy anymore unless I eat chocolate or broccoli. Adjusting to 4 kids has been the hardest for me so far. Just something to look forward to. ;)

Unknown said...

You're kids are beautiful!! Shannon! You are one tough lady! Here's to a good night's sleep!!!

Erika said...

Cute new one! And Cohen is ADORABLE!!!! No joke. He should do Target ads or something.