Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saying goodbye to Grandpa Waters


Jerry's grandpa (Warren Waters) died in May at 96 years old.  Our loss, Heavens gain.  He was such an amazing, warm, funny, musical and caring man.  He had such a profound impact on my husband, my kids loved him and I thank my lucky stars I got to love and be loved by him as well. I'm just so thankful for the temple and the opportunity of forever families.  Here are some of my favorite photos that were taken by Jerry's cousin Marissa a while ago.  This is how I will always remember him!!!

 Aren't they such a sweet couple?

These were taken at Jerry's and my wedding in June of 2006



Here are some photos that I just treasure of him and my children.  












 Here is the family he created!!  All 6 of his kids.  I wish I had a pic of all the grand-kids and great grand kids...holy cow this family is so huge!!! :)

And finally, his funeral...











Then there was a reception/ celebration of the man he was and for the person he made us all want to become.







You will be missed Great Grandpa Waters!

No comments: