Friday, July 3, 2009

We're off to see the Wizard!!!!!



For those of you that don't know, Jerry and his brother Josh recently starred in "The Wizard of Oz" for a charity organization that benefits senior citizens in the Las Vegas area. They performed a 10 night run at the Summerlin Library. Jerry was the cowardly lion, and Josh was the tinman and they did wonderful. Jerry's King of the Forrest stole the show every night, he really does have a gift for comedy! :) And Josh's voice is just always amazing and his costume looked better than the original I swear! They were both stashing icepacks under their costumes because obviously they were a little toasty. I have more pictures that I will add to this post a little later when I can find the chord to the camera we are using for the time being. Jerry and I did "Once upon a mattress" with this group before and it is just a fun thing to be apart of. I didn't do the show this year...mainly working full time and i didn't want what little time i DO have with Cohen, to consist of "don't touch that" "Cohen come here!" " hold on while I don't pay attention to you"....my mommy side needed to be the priority...time and a season I guess...but it was so fun helping Jerry and Josh with their make up and quick changes back stage. Jerry is seriously the funniest lion EVER!!!!!!








I also neglected FATHERS DAY....well not really, but I usually do something on my blog and I didn't...and I have quite a few fathers to be greatful for.
1st, my father-

My dad is probably the most supportive, funny and friendly member in the mafia! ha ha :) jk about the mafia part, that only LOOKS true :)...but all the other things ARE so true. He knows how to make strangers off the street his best friend in like 5 minutes flat. He knows how to work and play and he knows how to relax. We never had any kind of doubt of his love for us, and he pushed us to always do what makes us happy, and is always there when things are NOT so happy. He loves his family above all else and it makes us all feel like a million bucks....I always said that I wanted to marry someone just like him and I think I got lucky and got pretty darn close....On to Amazing Dad #2- My hubba.

Jerry is all those things I said about my own wonderful dad but with his own "Jerri-esque" qualities :) He will drop everything at the drop of a hat to help someone in need. No one can make Cohen laugh like Daddy. They are both just hams. I'm so greatful for his sense of humor, his love, his spirit, and his ability to calm the the fussy toddles, and to make me want to be better and better everyday. He has my trust, my hand, and my heart. His daddy raised him right! Which brings me to Jerry Sr.-

It amazes me how much time he puts into his kids and their interests even after they are out of the house. Whether it's staying up till 3 A.M. helping Josh with a model for school, singing with his sons for a funeral, designing Jerry's make up for the play...spending hours looking for COSTUME pieces for the play....Or making dinner almost every Sunday..You can tell he eats, sleeps and breathes for his family and I'm so greatful to have become apart of it.

All of these men are so dear to my heart , I'm so so blessed.

1 comment:

Chet and Lisa said...

Shannon,
I'm so glad that you found me on facebook and now I can see your cute blog! Mine is chetandlisaholyoak.blogspot.com I update it as much as I can. I love being able to see you as a mom and see your cute family! I hope that you get to do a show soon because I know that acting is one of your loves! Keep in touch k?! Love ya!