Monday, October 27, 2008

Funny story...

So I was watching my 5 year old nephew Gage the other day. I was going to go make them some macaroni and cheese for dinner, so I told Gage to make sure Cohen didn't touch the DVD player because he'd probably turn off the movie they were watching (Hercules). He goes "Okay Aunt Shannon" I walk into the kitchen and 5 minutes later Gage yells, "Aunt Shannon!!! He's touching it!!!" I told him "Okay, just put him next to his toys" "Okay!!" about 5-10 more minutes go by and I didn't hear anything...so I went in to check on them....Cohen is sitting on the floor in front of the fire place....COVERED in ashes...all over his face, in his mouth, on his hands, all over my floor!!! I look at Gage and say "Why did you let him do that" he looked at me oober offended and said "YOU said to make sure he didn't turn off the movie....IT'S STILL ON AUNT SHANNON!!!" I thought for a second and then laughed..."Yes Gage, you did EXACTLY what I told you :). Thank you" It was hillarious. Nothing more nothing less....he did exactly as I told him. :). I should of taken a picture...my first instinct was to grab the wipes and clean him...mainly get all that stuff out of his mouth!!!!! But I'm kicking myself now. :)

5 comments:

Amylee said...

A little dirt does a boy good- ashes are clean :o). It's a good lesson about how we need to explain things to kids. Kids are ALOT like Amelia Bedelia I am finding out. Remember those books?

Kristen said...

That is a good funny story! The things they come up with.I sure miss seeing you at church. I guess that's what being in the primary does to you.

Trent and Whit said...

That is so funny! Kids are GREAT! love you friend!

Jenn said...

hilarious!

hdawgy said...

That is hilarious! YOu totally should've taken a picture! That would've been a good one! haha