Monday, October 27, 2014

September 2013


BRINLEY


+


RAE RAE

=


TROUBLE!!!
So since my sister Dani has moved to town I have been watching my neice La Rae.  She is the cutest most vivacious little girl ever.  I love her to peices....Brinley and Rae Rae like to cause mischief however.   For sure by themselves, and when they are together it is double the trouble! lol.  The first time they I found my house suspiciously quiet...they were playing -I was cleaning something...I don't remember....and thought it was UNUSUALLY quiet...so I went to find them in Cohen's room squirting red, yellow and blue finger paint out of the tube onto our white-ish carpet!!!  But the best episode came a few days later when the girls were down for naps...I went into Cohen's  room to put his laundry away and found Cohen's Aderall (Cohen is ADHD and takes medicine every morning) all over the floor...Half of the pills look like they had been chewed on and there were 5 or so missing completely.  I must have left it on the counter , close enough to one of these little rug rats to reach (I know, I'm mother of the year. I felt sick to my stomach )  I woke up the girls, questioning them, and they both just stared at me blankly....brin admitted to putting some in her mouth but wasn't grasping the  word "swallow"....La Rae copied everything Brinley said.  I called poison control, explained there were 5 5 mg pills missing and I had no idea if one or both of these girls actually swallowed them and they were too young to tell me.  They said that worst case scenario one of them swallowed all of them and that was WAY to much Aderall for a 3 year old.  So she told me to bring both into the E.R.  I had to call Dani at work, I felt so so bad.  Anyway they hooked the girls up to monitors and realized that Brinley was the culpret. Her heart rate and such was quite elevated telling us that she ate the missing pills..  LaRae was fine which also made me feel bad ,considering Dani didn't have her on insurance and E.R. bills are not so cheap...luckily Rae's "dad" agreed to do at least one thing for his little girl in his lifetime (excuse my cynical tone...but he has not been a supportive father figure, Dani has done almost everything on her own) and took care of the bill...I think/hope.  Brinley ended up being okay...but man I gotta be on my A-game with these two!!!  

No comments: