Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Changes

For those of you that don't know Cohen and I have moved to Florida,

and are anxiously awaiting the day when Jerry can join us!!!! We came early to save some money and so I can be home with Cohen during the day (I'll be waiting tables at night....yay! It's like being 18 again!lol. But it gives me the flexibility to be home with Cohen in the day and to get back to Vegas to see my man graduate at the beginning of may. Then Jerry will come back to Florida with me for 2 weeks and then have to go back to Vegas for 1 more month to tie up a class. Then hopefully he will have found a job by then..but if not then we will be with my parents until he finds one. It's hard to be without him, but we are making the best of it...I work 4 nights a week and I try to shoot for the weekends so I don't sit and pout :). And I love having my days with Cohen. It has made me oh so much more decisive that I want to make being home with my kids my goal and priority till they are in school.


We go to the park and play group and the library for story time and when I'm feeling super ambitious the beach (It's so fun but not as relaxing with a 2 year old that wants to be by the water the whole time!! And when he's not doing that he's talking to a million strangers!!!! plus it's been windy and not THAT warm...he doesn't mind...but if you notice most of our pics I'm wearing a sweatshirt. Cohen isn't in one because he's already drenched it before the picture is even taken!!!! He LOVES the water and the birds and the sand and everything!)


I have also taken up a new Saturday morning hobby of Garage Sale hunting. I'm border line obsessed :).Let's see what else, Our ward is good....Sundays are by FAR the hardest day of the week for me, I ache for Jerry that day...but I've made a few friends in the ward through play group and relief society, there is a heavy military influence out here with Eglin Airforce Base, so there are a lot of women that feel my pain as far as being apart from their men so it's nice to have some people to relate to on some level.

Cohen has made the transition amazingly well. My parents have a chihuahua named Dexter and Cohen LOVES LOVES LOVES him. They chase each other around here all day long. Cohen loves to go on walks if Dexter can come because he gets to hold the leash. He is also sleeping in the big boy bed now! So there is a milestone. He's been getting out of bed the last couple nights but we're starting to get it under control :). He loves to wake my sister Dani up every morning and explore her room with Dexter.... He loves to ride in the golf cart. And all the attention from Grandma and Grandpa Skinner. So that's a relief.


He does ask about Grandma and Grandpa Moser, and his cousins and Aunt Susan from time to time...I tell him "They are in VEGAS" and he says "BeGAS!!!!"....thank heavens for skype. It really has been such a blessing....Especially for Jerry and us.

As for my pregnancy, it's going well, I'm 22 weeks and feeling good. I havn't really told my work yet...I decided to just let them figure it out. It wasn't something I wanted to spring on them right when I got the job. But it's hard work but, bright side is I'm exercising right? :) lol. It's a restaurant right on the water, you can see all the boats come in from fishing and what not.

Jerry meanwhile is plugging away at school, and applying for jobs and working out like a maniac!!! He's already lost 13 pounds since I left. I'm so proud of him in all those respects, he sure works hard and is so so good to me. I don't know what I did to get so lucky as to land someone like him. I thank God every night.

And that is our nutshell! Hope all is well for everyone!
Oh!!! And Jerry and I finally decided on a name for Cohen's baby sister. She will be Brinley Eve Moser. We are so excited to add her to our family!!!!

9 comments:

Amylee said...

Good for you Shannon! Time will pass and then you and Jerry will be able to look back and say, "Wow. Can you believe we did that?" Your family is so beautiful! That little Cohen is going to be a heartbreaker one day (if he isn't already). Good luck with all the changes!

Katie said...

Oh! I couldn't imagine living without my hubby. Spending a week without him was torture. I'm glad you are enjoying Florida.

ps: I love garage sales too! It's so weird how addicting they are but it's so awesome to come home with so much stuff and spent very little.

Anonymous said...

Wow, big changes! At least you are alone on the beach and not alone in like, north dakota or something. Can't wait to see the baby girl. Miss you, glad you are hanging in there! :)

THE HILSABECKS said...

Good to hear that all is well there, but lots of changes! So is your sister Danni living out there with you guys? How is she feeling? Those beach pictures are beautiful and excuse me but you do NOT look pregnant! Youre still cute little Shannon:)

Chelseys Blog said...

So hard Shannon. I am worried about the next stage of our life too as Trav graduates May 1. Brinley is such a cute name. That is my nieces name... so I am a little bias. Stay strong and hope all continues to go well with the pregnacy. You look awesome for 22 weeks..

Sarah Pace said...

I am so sorry you have to be away from your hubby so long! The longest we have been apart is 4 days and that was torture! especially with kids! So I feel for you. Hope fully it goes by fast. But lucky you get to be in Florida!

Yard Sales are an obsession of mine to! it's s good cheap hobbie!

The Robinson's said...

Brynlie is a darling name- Cohen is such a stud- You look stinkin' cute (so teeny weeny)- Keep plugging along- Jerry will be with you soon! Love and miss you!

Britni said...

What part of Florida? I have a friend that just moved down to Miami and is need of friends too :) She's pregnant (due in July) as well.

Chet and Lisa said...

Hey Shannon! I love reading your blog and seeing what you are doing! I miss the good old days in college sometimes, but mostly I just miss my roommates! Your little boy is adorable and I'm so excited that you are expecting again! Hope that the next few months go quickly for you and your family! Take care! :)