Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!



I love being mommie to this cute little boy.

I want to take a minute to express how much I love my own mother. She is the strongest person I know. She has taught me so much and it seems that the longer I've been on my own....the more I need her love and support, because honestly there are times that though I've grown I still feel my wobbly knees, and a little unsure of the world around me, that sometimes, still even now, I just want my mommie. And she is there. Always. She gives me perspective, wise council, and always reminds me that I am okay the way I am. Weaknesses, strengths and all. I hope I can be 1/2 the mother to my son that she was and is to me.

I also want to express my love and appreciation towards my Mother in Law Jenny. She has raised the man of my dreams and I will never be able to ADEQUATELY express what that means to me. She has opened her home to us as we get Jerry through the rest of his schooling and has done so, so warmly. She is a valiant soul with a tender heart. I have learned much from her as well.

Happy Mothers Day to both of you!

3 comments:

Chad & Emylee said...

wow! the pics are amazing! i just always enjoy your blog! xoxo

Jeff Corry said...

Great post Shannon! You two must have amazing mothers! I am sure you'll be much more than "1/2 the mother" your mother is. I know I haven't met Jerry "for real" (Temple doesn't count!) but he sure seems like such a good man. Any way happy late Mother's day.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Shannon...I'm bummed that you didn't call when you were here!! :'( I know you weren't here for a long time and were probably busy with fam so it's ok...but next time we better meet up for lunch!! :)