Sunday, January 4, 2009

11 MONTHS!!


Okay, so Cohen is getting way to old, way to fast....Where is the pause button for life? He's too funny. Here is the run down.

He now has 4 teeth, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. And he likes to use them...bites Jerry and I all the time. Hey at least it's not the coffee table...although...from time to time he likes to give it a taste test...but I think he is really learning not to. It's not NEAR as often.

Still lovin bath and shower time! It's like Disneyland...My sister Dani got him some bath toys for Christmas....so it's even more so!!

He has learned to vocalize what he wants and doesn't want, so that is entertaining.

He loves to dance....you put music on or even the music from his toys....he bounces to the beat. Yes, my son has got rhythym!!! YES!

He is standing up by himself....without holding on to ANYTHING. He does it to show off. He thinks he's pretty sweet stuff, and I have to agree :). He really only likes to do it when he wants to though...not so much on demand...he's his own commander :).

He is crawling so fast.... and is SUCH a happy kid. Laughin all the time...will go to anyone and love them to pieces....He knows just the right way to look at you to melt your heart....It's like he's TRYING to make YOU smile..not the other way around.He does a good job if I do say so myself..


His toys are completely taking over our apartment...Especially after Christmas, thanks to the Grandmas and the Grandpas!...Ha ha..he loves it so WE love it!
This is a picture of him with my parents over Christmas.

He doesn't really know his own strength...we're trying to teach being "soft"...not hitting everyone in the face. Especially with the little babies...like his cousin Madeleine....he gets so excited....he wants to love her to "death". He hits her....we try to take his hand and say "soft...soft" and show him how...but the second we let go he hits her again....so uh....she's off limits till she can defend herself :). And he can control HIMSELF :).

He is a puppy dog when mom and dad have food...Jerry doesn't like this so much. He LOVES dried apples....cannot get enough of them.

He loves to shake his head no really fast...I'm not quite sure if he's telling us no, or if he just likes the feel of moving his head back and forth really fast.....I would think that would make him dizzy....but he completely cracks up when he's done.

He LOVES peek-a-boo. I realize most babies do....but he's actually started playing with ME!!! He'll hide behind the coffee table and bounce up and laugh....then he'll crouch back down....and BOUNCE back up completely crackin up and so proud of himself

That's about what I can remember. But oh, we love this boy so so SO much. I'm glad he came to OUR family!!!!

9 comments:

All for J's said...

So cute! You have excellent taste in your blog style *wink*. I realized I don't have your email yet so here is a link to our blog www.allforjs.blogspot.com I hope this is ok!! Thanks for sharing your testimony today.

Jennifer said...

Hey girl! I was out of town. I just got back, so sorry! I can get you in tomorrow (Monday) night or Tuesday night this week. Other than that I think my nights are pretty crazy with Young Women's and hair clients and such.

Michelle Campbell said...

I still think he is one of the cutest kids around! I loved the update on him. What a sweetheart! Glad you guys are staying happy and I hope you have a great 2009

Heidi said...

Shannon! I found your blog through Stacey's and was so excited to see your cute little family. Your boy is a cutie!

This is Heidi Winterton (Atwood now) from good ol' HOPE choir.

We are... said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT Christmas! Happy 11 months Cohen!

Amylee said...

When you find that pause button, please let me know!
He is adoreable.

Michelle Campbell said...

Thanks for posting pictures of your vacation and sweet boy! He is such a doll! What a good lookin family! Your parents home looks beautiful! What a fun place to live! I bet you miss them! We need to hang out!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Cohen has the most beautiful eyes Shannon! Thanks for answering that braces question, cause from what I could remember I never thought that you had needed braces! And how did you end up at an ortho office? Either way I'm sure it will pay off having them! I used to have a gap in front and I got my teeth bonded and every time I go to the dentist he always tries to convince me to get porcelain venires..no thanks...don't really want to get my real teeth sawed down!! Is your grandpa still in SV? It was fun to see pics of your fam, they are so fun!!

Chad & Emylee said...

look at those teeth! he is getting so big! xoxo