Sunday, May 18, 2008

Celebrating Life

Jerry's Uncle John passed away last week and we attended his funeral. It was a bitter sweet gathering. It was at the United Methodist Church and it was a very moving service. I liked how they focused on celebrating his life instead of mourning his death. Cohen was THE only baby there and we were kind of nervous because its not like mormon churches where you expect the noise of little ones....but he was sooooooo good. Jerry and I , the rest of the siblings, and one of his cousins...sang "God be with you till we meet again" it went really well. We then had the opportunity to meet for a bbq the next day at Jerry's Aunt Bobby's house.It was fun because we don't really get to see much of that side of Jerry's family. Neat to get to know them better.....Cohen had his first experience with the pool :)....a very short one because we didn't have swimmin diapers...but he sat on the steps for a little while and splashed around a little :) It was cute. This picture is from the bbq. PS- It was a very hot weekend.....startin to definitely feel like summer in Vegas....Feels like an oven!!! I don't mind though I'd rather be really hot than really cold any day!

4 comments:

Jackie Skinner said...

SHANNNNNNNI!!!!!

Um, I LOVE your blog. I hadn't checked it since I have been here. THe pic of you and cohen and then mom and you made me cry. I am crying right now..haha. I miss you. HOly stud of a kid. Cohen is going to be one lady's man. I seriously crave every day for all of us to be together. That will be soooooooooooo sooon and it will be freaking sweet. Tell Jerry and Cohen I love them!!! Have a great day! love jackie:)

Amylee said...

What a hard thing. My thoughts are with your family, especially your poor aunt.
Your family pictures are so DARLING. Cohen is going to be a heartbreaker. What a sweetie!

Jenna Marie said...

Hey Shannon,
We found your blog! Yay! Jeff commented a little lower on a different post. But I wanted to tell you hi and let you know that little Cohen is SOOO adorable! (But you already know that :) Seriously- He's like a perfect little boy! He should be on a magazine cover or something. :) Anyway- we have a blog too- thecorrys.blogspot.com . Jeff also has one- jeffcorry.blogspot.com . He just started his a little bit ago, but our other one has been up and running for a while. Anyway! Glad to find you on here. It's much easier to keep up and see pictures on here! Hope to hear from you!
(P.S. I'm adding you to my blog links ok?)

Chelseys Blog said...

Shannon- I've been wonderin if you had a blog and found it on jeff and jennas blog... so I had to check it out. Feel free to check our blog too! Sounds like life is treatin you well.